Saturday, April 7, 2012

Team Building and Collaboration

Adjourning

In the article “The Five Stages of Team Development: A Case Study” that Adjourning is stage that project is coming to an end and the team members are moving off in to different directions.”  I have worked in many Network Marking Company’s in my life. Network Company’s such as Tupperware, Avon, Amway, Shaklee, Noni, Goji and at least 5 or 6 more. Some of them I only worked for a couple of months and some as many as three and four years.  I also have worked in about 6 or 7 different daycares, and recruited for two different colleges. There were three different groups that I had the hardest to say good-bye to. Two of them were day cares that I worked for and one Network Company. It  was hard to leave because all three of these groups of people were like family and it was hard to think that we will not be working together any longer, or seeing each other on a daily bases. I am good friends now with most if not all of the people in these groups today.  I do not think that high-performing groups are the hardest to leave it is the groups that you bond with are the ones I found hardest to leave. I have never experienced any rituals when leaving just disappointment. I am sad to say that I have not bonded with any of my colleagues while working on my master’s degree. The classes have gone by very fast and I have not had the same colleagues in each class. Maybe in these last three classes I will be able to bond with some of my colleagues before we graduate and move on into our lives of changing the world for early childhood and teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field.

Reference
Abudi, G. (2010). The five stages of team development: A case study. Retrieved from          http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/the-   five-stages-of-team-development-a-case-study.html

1 comment:

  1. Alice,
    I think I agree with you when you are talking about how hard it has been to actually get close to the colleagues in this masters program. It seems like whenever we get a group of people who are in the classes together, they switch us again!! But, I would be happy to work with you anytime, if you ever need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete