Sunday, March 11, 2012

Messages Communicated Through Body Language and Facial Expressions.






The television episode I choose was Blue Bloods I have never seen it but I have always wanted to. The television show is about a family that works in the criminal justice area, such as police, and lawyers. When looking at the episode without the sound I observed no eye contact many times, also many of the brows of the characters were drown up which means ether concern or anger.  I saw very little smiles in the episode until the end; however I did observed arms folded and shoulders moving up and down with angry faces.  Many times when they were in court I observed irritated faces by the lawyers.  
The assumptions I had while looking at Blue Bloods without the sound was that there was a lot of arguing and conflict between the lawyer and the police officer. However after looking at the episode with the sound on I found out that the lawyer and the police officer were brother and sister and the brother was testifying agents his sister the lawyer. I am not sure way there was no eye contact other then they just did not look at each other while talking. I do now understand why the brows on their faces, and the folding of the arm.  I would not have this assumption if I watched at Blue Bloods.
I enjoyed this assignment; I notice that I am watching what I say to people and how I hold my arms. I also listen to what is being said to me before I speak back.  I also enjoyed Blue Bloods and I just might start looking at it

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice,

    I find I am questioning body language more after two weeks in this class! Your picture of the police man with his hands on his hips looks like he is frustrated with the message he is hearing. Also, the serious looks on the faces of all the family members at dinner table makes me happy I was not a member of a police/lawyer family. The teenager and the little boys look too serious for such a young age.

    ReplyDelete