Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Poky Little Puppy

The Poky Little Puppy is a delightful story about five little puppies who leaned a lesson about obeying their mother. I love this story because of the repetition events in the story. When reading the story the children will start saying the words along with you. They also count, say their colors, talk about insects, directions, and much more. The discussions can go in various directions from obeying your parents to what different desserts smell like. I have used the Poky Little Puppy in many areas in my class room. Such as the science and math areas. I have even had the children act this cutie little story out and they had a wonderful time.

1 comment:

  1. I also love this story! It has been around for a very long time. This proves that literature can transcend generations. Your Blog is developed creatively with purpose and relevant ECE content.

    ReplyDelete